Skip to main content

Almost all my returns are well timed with how the sky back at home should look




A clear-dandruff like collection of cloud
should mean, I am coming to the ruffle of leaves.
A cue to the coral should mean it is 7
and I am to miss tea.
A well stationed azure should mean
the bus will have left by the time I reach.
A wind is still learning to settle
what it is going to leave behind.
On the roads when people spill along
with brown leaves, there is a reflection
Of a chai spilled, a biscuit broken —
A tip to summer and an earthworm.
When I arrive early, I take a longer route.
When I arrive late, I am already seeing
the sky at home
(but at some other place).
Glad that the one thing that won’t move with me
will be this scene.
I am occupied in looking around
because I do not need to carry the sky,
or pack it, or remember it forever.
Also, I can’t really do any of those things.
Even knowing that my travels speak to me
More about home, should have
made me feel adjusted.
Most days,
I feel Well Traveled.

Popular Posts

Didi tum maar khaogi?

When she says: Didi tum maar khaogi? My little neighbour states the very obvious. Her elder sister has just pushed her off the back seat of their red bicycle. There is another who is busy drawing herself in circles behind the cycle. She goes round and round and round… The youngest one of them hasn’t turned up today. She is busy creating an earth on the wall below this floor. When the neighbour repeats: Didi tum maar khaogi? The one behind the cycle, Circling, answers: “Haan. Abhi plate laati hun!”